Landon said he was inspired to raise the money after his grandmother Suzanne Sutherland shaved her head while undergoing chemotherapy treatment last fall. Sutherland was diagnosed with lung cancer five years ago. Landon’s mom Jackie Tolsma said that Landon’s inspiration for the fundraiser came while his family was shopping for scarves for his grandmother.Though he might not have his hair at the moment, Landon will be continuing the fundraiser until March 31st. To donate to the campaign, contact Jackie Tolsma by phone at (250) 262-6224, or email [email protected] of the donations received will be posted on the Landon’s Wish Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1862574167149041/about/ FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. — 10 year-old Charlie Lake Elementary School student Landon Tolsma had probably one of his most exciting and nerve-wracking lunch hours today.Tolsma, who turns 11 on Sunday, had the close to seven inches of hair that he’s been growing since October shaved off today to raise money for cancer patients in Fort St. John and Dawson Creek. A fundraiser that was launched by his family almost three weeks ago brought in over $13,000 from an initial goal to raise $1,500 to buy scarves and other essentials for those battling with cancer. A bake sale at Charlie Lake Elementary brought in over $700 of the total on Wednesday and Thursday. Photo by Chris Newton Photo by Chris Newton Photo by Chris Newton Jackie and Landon Tolsma show off his new Charlie Lake Elementary Lakers toque. Photo by Chris Newton
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Fort St. John Chamber of Commerce will be hosting a Speaker Series Luncheon on Wednesday, May 22 at the Northern Grand Hotel.The Luncheon will feature guest speakers Official Opposition Leader, Andrew Wilkinson, and local MLA Dan Davies.Wilkinson and Davies will be providing an update on the current status of Provincial Government issues that are important to the Peace Region. There will be an opportunity to ask questions, in a Q&A session, following the presentation.The Chamber of Commerce Speaker Series Luncheon is taking place on Wednesday, May 22 from 11:45 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Northern Grand Hotel.For more information, and to register for this event, you can visit the Chamber of Commerce’s website.
Nashik: Reservoirs in Maharashtra’s Nashik district have only 17 per cent water stock of their total storage capacity as of now, almost nine per cent less compared to last year, officials said on Tuesday.The district administration has deployed over 250 tankers to meet the demand of drinking water across the district, specially in rural areas, they said. State water resources minister Girish Mahajan, who is also the district’s guardian minister, visited some drought- hit areas in Sinnar tehsil on Monday to review the situation. Also Read – 2019 most peaceful festive season for J&K: Jitendra SinghHe said there was a need to use tankers for water supply and to start fodder camps for cattle. The district has around 24 dams, of which six have dried up due to deficient rainfall last monsoon, an official in the irrigation department said. “Water shortage is being felt in the first week of May as only 17 per cent stock is remaining in the reservoirs, nearly nine per cent less against last year,” he said. The stock in Gangapur dam, one of the main sources of drinking water supply to the city, has also dipped considerably, he said. Also Read – Personal life needs to be respected: Cong on reports of Rahul’s visit abroadNearly 263 tankers have been deployed to supply drinking water to 200 villages and 679 hamlets in the district, an official at the collectorate said. “The situation is likely to remain grim till July and if the monsoon gets delayed, water woes would increase further,” he said. The Nashik Municipal Corporation has urged citizens to use water carefully and warned of stern action against those found wasting it, a civic official said. In some tribal areas of Trimbakeshwar taluka where wells have dried up, the district administration has been ensuring additional water supply to ease the situation, another official said.
Jose Mourinho admits that Manchester United were “not phenomenal but good enough” in Wednesday’s 3-0 win at BSC Young Boys in the Champions LeagueA brace from Paul Pogba and another from Anthony Martial secured United all three points in their opening game of Group H.Although it did take some time for Red Devils to take control of the game on an artificial pitch.“Job done. It wasn’t phenomenal, but good enough. I’m happy. I can understand the reasons why we didn’t start well, why we took 25 minutes to be in control, I can see why Young Boys forced it a little in the beginning,” Mourinho said on the club website.Vidic: “Ronaldo is the most professional footballer I’ve seen” Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Nemanja Vidic opened up on how a 21-year-old Cristiano Ronaldo’s professionalism left him stunned at Manchester United.“They did the same against Dinamo Zagreb too. They know how difficult it is for opponents on this pitch, so they forced it a little and created problems. The goal changed this and then we were in control. It’s important to start with a victory.”He added: “It was important for us to win, because probably, I just said probably, every team is going to make six points against Young Boys.“So, it was important for us not to waste points today, but now we have three consecutive matches, two against Juventus and one against Valencia and it is in these matches where we must get the points to qualify and of course, they are two very good opponents.”United now led Group H on goal difference from Juventus, who defeated Valencia 2-0 at the Mestalla.
The former Nerazzurri striker sees some similarities between the squad he played for and the current Lega Serie A teamFormer Chilean footballer Ivan Zamorano won the UEFA Cup once with Internazionale Milan in the 1997-1998 season.And now the Nerazzurri is behind Juventus in the Italian Lega Serie A.Zamorano admitted to Football Italia how this team and the one he played for share some similarities.“I see similarities between the two groups. Mine was fantastic, Internazionale at the core,” he commented.Capello calls Lukaku “a modern striker” Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 The former Italian manager believes Romelu Lukaku is perfectly suited for Antonio Conte’s Internazionale Milan in the Serie A.“Today’s is still being born and the first two Champions League games, won with a comeback, have a decisive weight.”“This Inter is now aware that it can win and that awareness is being transmitted. On the night of the derby at San Siro, there was a clear sensation, you could breathe it: Inter were going to win,” he added.“As I was leaving the stadium I said I hadn’t seen a side I liked so much in many years.”“If you play for Inter you need to have that belief, it was the same in my day and it’s like that now because battling with Juventus isn’t just a duty, it’s a pleasure,” he explained.“Inter have to keep doing that without saying so though, with their feet on the ground.”
Real Madrid defender Alvaro Odriozola believes the entire squad are willing to give their all to newly appointed coach Santiago SolariThe Argentine was appointed the coach of the European champions until the end of the campaign after winning his opening four games.“We know we have to work to get out of the crisis we are in,” Odriozola told reporters, as cited by Football Espana.“We are focusing on playing for our Coach, we are prepared to die for him and we know that he is a great Coach, we want him to continue.Mourinho: “Lionel Messi made me a better coach” Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Jose Mourinho believes the experience of going up against Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi at Real Madrid made him a greater coach.“It was important to win at a complicated ground like Celta especially because we are going into the international break and the league is very close.“It was a battle and these are the type of battles, against tough opposition, that you need to win and now we must continue to work hard to stay on this path.“We want to keep showing what a great team we are.”
TCI to renew Storm & Flood insurance DEPUTY GOVERNOR SPEAKS OF STREAMLINING GOVERNMENT SERVICES. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Recommended for you Related Items:anya williams, civil service, government, job vacancies Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 14 Aug 2015 – Thirty four job vacancies were advertised by government and 27 individuals were found suitable to perhaps take on careers within the Civil Service. In a third recruitment drive for this fiscal year, TCIG explains that there were key roles advertised including Director positions, like: Culture, Gaming and Trade as well as Deputy Director positions in Road Safety, Social Development and for the Crown Land Unit. Several teaching and other support positions are currently being promoted and about a dozen roles are still being short listed according to the release issued today. The Deputy Governor, Anya Williams, who heads the Civil Service from the Governor’s Office said: “TCIG is committed to strengthening its resource base through attracting the best talent available… the creation of our new Jobs Webpage has greatly assisted in attracting more applicants to the civil service.” Crown Land Motion by PDM demands better process