€2.6 million approved for Shannon Heritage

first_imgFUNDING has been approved for Shannon Heritage for Bunratty Castle and Folk Park and King John’s Castle. BusinessLimerickNews€2.6 million approved for Shannon HeritageBy Meghann Scully – August 20, 2020 326 “I’m delighted this afternoon to have received confirmation from my colleague Minister Michael McGrath on this funding,” said Deputy Cathal Crowe.“I’ve been in close contact with him, my other Dáil colleagues, the workers and the management at Shannon Heritage, working to ensure a positive outcome.“This fund means that these iconic sites will remain open until the end of the year, meaning staff can now breath a sigh of relief.“I will be working with my colleagues to ensure this gets extended evenfurther too.” he said. WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads WhatsApp Email Facebook Mary Considine, CEO, Shannon Group said: “The announcement by Hildegarde Naughton, Minister of State for International Road Transport and Logistics of €2.6 million funding to enable us keep our Shannon Heritage sites open to the end of December is very welcome.“The ongoing impact of the Covid-19 pandemic has been devastating for our heritage business which is hugely dependent on international visitors. With visitor numbers to our owned sites down -80% year-to-date on last year, we sought Government funding to support us through this unprecedented crisis.“Today’s announcement is great news, not only for our employees at Bunratty Castle & Folk Park and King John’s Castle, but for the mid-west tourism industry. We know the importance of these sites to tourism in the region.“We would like to thank Minister Naughton, the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport, and the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform for this much needed support.” she added. RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Advertisement Billy Lee names strong Limerick side to take on Wicklow in crucial Division 3 clash Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live Linkedin Previous articleGardaí step up operations to tackle Limerick dognappersNext articlePaddy Coleman: “We Wanted To Drive On To Win This One” Meghann Scully €2.6 million in funding has been allocated by Minister Michael McGrath.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up “I have this morning approved a request for funding of €2.6m for Shannon Heritage to end-2020. As you know, a review of the structure of Shannon Group is currently being undertaken by DTTAS & NewEra.” he said. Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Twitter TAGSKeeping Limerick PostedKing John’s CastlelimerickLimerick PostShannon Heritage Print Donal Ryan names Limerick Ladies Football team for League openerlast_img read more

Donegal County Board threatens legal action over replica shirts and flags

first_imgNews By News Highland – August 23, 2012 Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th WhatsApp Twitter The Donegal County Board has threatened legal action again any companies reproducing replica shirts and flags.In a statement the board says that some clothing companies are producing replica Donegal GAA jerseys, T shirts, poloshirts, flags, etc,using the Donegal GAA Crest / Logo.They point out that the Donegal GAA Crest is patented and Donegal GAA has not granted permission to any parties to use it.The board urges supporters to purchase only official GAA products as Donegal GAA gets a share of the profits raised in the sale of OFFICIAL items.The board says legal action may be taken against those found to be involved in un-authorised sale of Donegal GAA gear, and the use of the patented Donegal GAA Crest.Please report any such activities immediately to [email protected] or contact Donegal GAA at 074 91 90761 or any County Board Executive member. 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Donegal County Board threatens legal action over replica shirts and flags WhatsApp Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twittercenter_img Pinterest Pinterest Facebook Previous articleEmergency services attend Annagry car crashNext articleAll public representatives in Donegal should unite to defend rural Ireland News Highland Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Google+ Google+ 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry last_img read more

National Museum to Reopen in a Month

first_imgAssistant Minister for Culture at the Ministry of Information, Cultural Affairs and Tourism, Joyce KenkpenThe ongoing renovation work at the nation’s only museum which started four months ago, at a cost of US$400,000, is nearing completion.The roof of the building, which used to leak so badly that several artifacts were damaged, has been changed, along with the broken wall running parallel to Buchanan Street.The second and third tiers of the museum, which contained art galleries showcasing Liberian works of art, were badly damaged. They have now been transformed into modern structures.In addition, the lack of electricity and pipe-borne water that hampered the smooth operation of the museum for years has been resolved.Erected in 1862, and once housing the House of Legislature and Supreme Court of Liberia, the museum was under minor repairs a few years ago. But the current ‘full scale renovation’ is the first of its kind after the country’s 14-year civil war.The 154-year old building is a national heritage structure standing at the corner of Broad and Buchanan Streets. It is one of the few remaining landmark structures that represent Liberia during ‘normal days,’ as well as possessing important historical and cultural artifacts good for education and research.The work on the museum, according to the Assistant Minister for Culture at the Ministry of Information Cultural Affairs and Tourism, Joyce Kenkpen, is 95 percent complete, and will be dedicated a month from now.The Minister added that although the renovation work on the museum is long overdue, it is ‘a dream come true’ for the government and a fulfillment of a promise to promote and maintain Liberia’s culture.“I agreed that this is a belated undertaking, but it is better late than never. At least, at the end of the day, our promise was fulfilled,” Min. Joyce said.Speaking on other cultural projects across the country, the Minister explained that renovation work on the Ben Town Cultural Village, which was put on hold due to irregularities in the procurement process, will soon begin.“Right now, we are seeking a contractor to begin the fencing of the land to stop people encroaching on it, which will be followed by the construction phase.“I understand that there is an urgent need for cultural villages across the country which will help to stop the fast decaying of culture, but this cannot be done in a hurry. We have to take our time in order to get the needed result,” she added.On Beh Sao, the nation’s only remaining cultural village that is still in ruins, Min. Kenkpen did not say when the project will actually start, but added that it would be “very soon.”Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Golf roundup: Westlake grad Wi stands out

first_img“My caddie overheard one of the spectators saying, `Oh, that’s Michelle Wie’s dad. He got a sponsor invite, too,”‘ said Wi, who – like Wie – missed the cut at the John Deere in July2005. “I thought that was hilarious.” If Wi – a Westlake High graduate – continues to play the way he did Thursday, more people will know who he really is. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Bolstered by a birdie-birdie finish, Wi shot a 5-under 65 in windy conditions at PGA National, giving him a one-shot lead over Bernhard Langer after one round of the Honda Classic at Palm Beach Gardens, Fla. He missed only two fairways, connected on 17 of 20 putts inside 25 feet, and made a 40-footer for birdie at the par-4 13th. “Today was definitely my day hitting the ball,” said Wi, who has made only 14 cuts in 30previous PGA Tour starts but finished tied for ninth earlier this year at the Buick Invitational to make a career-best $130,000. “And I’m really happy that when you have the opportunity, you capitalize on it. That’s really important to me.” John Daly had it tough, and that had nothing to do with windy conditions on the course. Daly withdrew after suffering what was announced as a rib injury on the 12th tee, his third hole of the day. He tried to stop his swing when he heard a fan’s camera clicking, tried to hit another tee ball, said he couldn’t handle the pain and went off to seek treatment in the tour’s medical trailer. Also: Brad Kennedy shot a 7-under 65 and held a one-shot lead over Mike Weir and three others after the first round of the Johnnie Walker Classic at Phuket, Thailand. … The Masters will have one hour of coverage on its Web site before the telecast begins. The Masters will be held April 5-8 at Augusta National. center_img Charlie Wi was playing in the John Deere Classic two years ago when some fans recognized him. That is, they thought they recognized him. last_img