Families move into new €18.5m housing development in Limerick’s O’Malley Park

first_imgO’Donnell Welcomes Major Enhancement Works for Castletroy Neighbourhood Park NewsHousingFamilies move into new €18.5m housing development in Limerick’s O’Malley ParkBy Staff Reporter – April 27, 2018 2016 Email Print Facebook New parklet changes Catherine Street dining experience Advertisement Call to extend Patrickswell public sewer line Linkedin WhatsAppcenter_img Limerick city centre gets a deep clean Twitter Limerick’s O’Connell Street Revitalisation Works to go ahead Minister Damien EnglishFamilies have begun moving into the new Churchfield Housing Development in Southill, Limerick which was officially opened by Minister for Housing and Urban Development, Damien English, TD today.The Minister officially opened phase one of the two phase €18.5m development this morning which comprises of 42 units of an overall housing scheme. When completed, it will consist of 80 new BER A rated energy efficient homes.Minister English met with some of the 19 new families who have been given keys to their new homes and planted a tree at the development to mark the official opening.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up The project, designed by ABK Architects, has been delivered by Limerick City and County Council under the Limerick Regeneration Framework Implementation Plan. It provides housing through a mix of 1, 2, 3 and 4 bed houses and apartments within the context of a new urban layout that reinforces connections with the wider city.The scheme has been developed adjacent to the Community Hub in Southill which has recently undergone refurbishment with the opening of a bright new Café space.The €18.5m scheme will also include significant infrastructural works involving the re-location of streets and a new drainage and services system for this part of the city.Mayor of the City and County of Limerick Cllr Stephen Keary said: “Today is an important day for the new residents and indeed all of Limerick.  It shows Limerick City and County Council’s commitment to providing high standards of housing to our citizens by delivering on the commitments made in the Limerick Regeneration Framework Implementation Plan.”Minister Damien English said: “This development marks another milestone on the regeneration path and follows on from the completion of 79 units last year at Lord Edward Street. Overall 243 new units have been completed and 561 social and private houses have been refurbished under a rolling programme of thermal upgrades across the regeneration areas. These are making a real difference in people’s lives.”Seamus Hanrahan, Acting Director of Services, Social Development, Limerick City and County Council said: ‘We’re delighted the Minister visited Limerick today to open this scheme which is designed to the highest standards and integrates really well with adjacent buildings such as the Southill Area Centre.”Minster English was also briefed by Limerick City and County Council officials on future developments in Limerick as part of his visit to the city. He also paid tribute to the residents of regeneration areas for their co-operation, patience and understanding throughout the whole process and thanked the contractor, PJ Carey Ltd, ABK Architects, Punch Consultant Engineers, Homan O’Brien Consultant Engineers, Aecom Quantity Surveyors, the Office of Regeneration through Limerick City and County Council and all involved in working on the Churchfield development.More bout housing here. TAGSABK ArchitectsChurchfield Housing DevelopmentDamien EnglishLimerick City and County CouncilSouthill Ireland’s First Ever Virtual Bat Walk to take place in Limerick RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Previous articleMinister for Housing and Urban Development visits SouthillNext articleLimerick schoolchildren participate in Regional Climate Hope Forum Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie last_img read more

Nexans Lifts Pay for Frontline Staff, Leadership Takes Voluntary Pay Cut

first_imgRemote working has been implemented for all positions where possible. For its frontline employees, who must attend production, logistics sites and installation, Nexans has implemented a bonus of €750 monthly which will be awarded for the entire duration of the crisis. The other members of the executive committee have agreed to reduce theirs by 15 per cent over the same period, and the Group’s top managers will be asked to join in this effort as well. The company said it will only use partial unemployment according to the needs identified, for periods as limited as possible. Christopher Guérin, CEO of Nexans, has committed to reducing his compensation by 30 per cent for the months of April and May 2020.center_img Christopher Guérin said: “The whole Group, at all levels, is engaged every day in respecting safety standards and sanitary measures, maintaining our production, and delivering products and services to our customers. We are already working on an industrial recovery plan to be deployed. This next phase must be thought, defined, imagined now at all levels and for all the challenges we face. A new world for a new Nexans, and we are ready for it.” The members of the board of directors and its chairman, Jean Mouton, will similarly reduce their remuneration by 30 per cent, for the months of April and May 2020. Nexans CEO, members of the board of directors, and management are to take voluntary pay cut as a sign of solidarity and social cohesion, but also to award its frontline employees.last_img read more